Founded in 1958, Fairlawn was initially organized in response to overcrowding at the Whitinsville Christian Reformed Church (now Pleasant Street Christian Reformed Church). By January of 1960, the current church building on Goldthwaite Road had been completed (by a largely volunteer crew), and was ready for use. Sixty-six families and thirteen individuals formed the new congregation. By God's grace, many of these charter members who helped launch Fairlawn over fifty years ago continue to worship with us and play a vital part in our fellowship today. We thank God for his faithfulness to our congregation through the years, and pray for his continued blessing upon generations to come.
Below are some vintage color snapshots of the 1959 ground-breaking ceremony and the subsequent construction process.